How to Become a Successful Affiliate Marketer
Affiliate marketing isn’t hard, but it does require knowledge, planning, and consistent effort to make any significant income. Here are some things you can do to insure your venture into affiliate marketing is successful.
- Start right by learning about affiliate marketing and the steps required to be a success.
- Choose only quality affiliate products and services. In fact, consider buying them yourself so you can attest to their quality.
- You’ll be judged by the product/services you promote, so don’t just focus on the income, but also on the quality.
- Research the programs so you understand how and when you’re paid, and other important money issues you need to know to ensure the program is a good fit.
- Choose affiliate items that match your niche or the content on your home business website or blog. For example, if you write about figure skating, affiliate links to Cars or a Fashion won’t do well.
- Mix and match affiliate ads so you don’t overwhelm your visitors. In-content affiliate links usually have the best click through rates over image links.
- Always disclose your affiliate relationship. Most visitors will probably understand that graphic ads will lead to your getting paid, but if you write a review or use an in-text link
- recommendation, you want your readers to know that may lead to compensation as well. This ensures you retain transparency and trust with your readers, but also, it’s required by the FTC’s endorsement rules.
- Market, market, market. Don’t rely on SEO or social media alone to drive people to your website or blog to take advantage of your affiliate recommendations. Understand who your target market is, where you can find it, and how you can entice it to your site.
- Start an email list. The most successful affiliate marketers use email in their affiliate marketing. Don’t put this off. Email marketing can increase your affiliate profits significantly.
- Monitor the success of your affiliate programs, particularly if you have several programs and/or are also using other ad types, such as Google AdSense for making money. Sometimes having too many ads dilutes the site or distracts readers, resulting in lower performance.
here you will find few affiliate directories that will help you in your first stages :
- affiliate seeking : is a large affiliate programs directory. Easily find and compare many different affiliate programs that are suited to your needs. Also includes affiliate software, webmaster forums, plus more.
- Affiliate guide : AffiliateGuide.com is a part of the Mainz Pty Ltd group. Led by managing director, Graeme Eastman, AffiliateGuide.com was started in 1998 and has grown to become one of the most popular web affiliate directories on the internet.
- affiliate ranker : their highest priority is – and always will be – to collect and present you with the best affiliate program for any need possible.
- affiliates directory –